Skoda Superb Wins the APMP Irish Car of the Year11 May 16
Award News – Skoda Superb Wins the APMP Irish Car of the Year
The Association of Professional Motoring Press have spent the last year testing cars to give the Irish consumer the best insight into the credentials of each car available to the Irish car market.
The comprehensive voting system covers every category and car segment in intricate detail, complete with a single voting system for the overall winner car. Taking the win at the annual event that took place at Powerscourt Hotel in Co. Wicklow, is the Skoda Superb in the category “Large family car of the year”.
Speaking at the event, Chairman of the APMP said “The Superb is the best value for money large family car you can buy, especially in terms of square footage”.
The full list of winners from the eleven categories are as follows:
- City Car of the Year – Audi A1
- Small Car of the Year – Mazda2
- Compact Family Car of the Year – BMW 2 Series Active Tourer
- Mid-Size Family Car of the Year – Volkwagen Passat
- Large Family Car of the Year – Skoda Superb
- Performance Car of the Year – Volkswagen Golf R
- Coupé/Cabriolet of the Year – Mazda MX-5
- Small SUV of the Year – Mazda CX-3
- Mid-Size SUV of the Year – Land Rover Discovery Sport
- Large SUV of the Year – Audi Q7
- APMP Car of the Year 2016 – Skoda Superb